Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My name-- MARSHAN

Here's the blog challenge of the day which I personally think is pretty easy and pretty cool to do.

My name: Susan Marshan.....

Susan means Lily...which to me means "pretty flower" which doesn't quite fit me.....I was named after my mom's best friend Sue. For those of you who know me...you would agree..."pretty Flower" is so not me, and maybe that's why I go by my middle name which would be....MARSHAN. My name is a mixture of my Grandparents names....MARion (meaning bitter) and SHANnon (meaning wise one).

A roommate in college actually found my name on one of the bookmarks....you know, the kind that has your name on it with the meaning. The meaning for Marshan was "in charge." Now that's my kind of name!!!! Definitely fits me better than a "lily." Of course, being named "Marshan" definitely has it's downfalls: I've been called everything from....Marshawn....to Martian...to Marsha Anne... to even Marianne....People who don't my name and see if for the first time usually butcher it. It's Marsh...anne....one word Marshan...Not too hard!!! Just use some phonics. lol

In case some of you were wondering why my parents didn't name me Marshan Susan.....they thought that Marshan Sue sounded foreign, so they settled on Susan Marshan.

No comments: